CMW are experts in WordPress and Magento. Every business has different needs and often always advise which content management platform is better for new E-commerce Online Stores.
WordPress and Magento are the most popular content management systems, designed chiefly for blogs, Ecommerce websites. Online shopping capability is possible with custom web development. WordPress It is more suited for smaller online merchants, or for selling products within a content-rich website and/or blog.
We always recommend Magento Commerce for larger companies that are serious about
conducting business online, . It’s designed from the ground up for managing online shops, and offers a very fine degree of control. For major businesses with any degree of complexity, Magento is an ideal choice.
Both platforms have proven successful for our clients when selected based on their individual needs.
• Can be managed (once set up) with little technical knowledge or training.
• Offer the essential functions required to sell products online
• Can be expanded with plugins, extensions and templates (free and premium) created by numerous by third parties.
Use Magento if:
• You want complete
control over every aspect of your business and inventory (just as you
would a physical bricks-and-mortar store).
• You have a large or growing product catalogue
• You expect significant expansion and growth of your store
• Your website is primarily an online store, without much other content or features.
• You would like the option of branching into multiple stores – Magento offers multi-store functionality to run multiple websites from a single Magento installation.
• You want to integrate your online store with your accounting system for synchronisation of customer data, orders and inventory (available for MYOB, Xero & Quickbooks to name a few)
• You have more advanced order fulfillment processes such as drop-shipping through multiple warehouses.
• You have need for wholesale or secure login order placement
• You have multiple customer levels, each requiring different pricing or discounts
• Your product pricing varies depending on quantity ordered
• You want to synchronise products between your online and Ebay stores. Magento can be integrated with Ebay
• You want a greater range of add-on plugins / extensions to enhance the functionality of your store. (Whilst WordPress is known for wide range of plugins, most are not ecommerce based)
Use WordPress if:
• Your budget is limited.
• You only want to sell a small range of products and don’t have any specific requirements in regards to order fulfillment
• You already use WordPress and want a store added to it without having to start from scratch
• Your store is only a small part of your website.
The problem when you begin an online store is doing it right from beginning. Pick the wrong shopping cart in Australia and you leave yourself with a headache when processing payments and posting products.
Need A Quote?
Contact us for help to pick the right shopping cart – and launch your store the right way.